Thursday, October 17, 2013

First Impressions

There are a million things I could write about right now. My life lately has been a whirlwind of emotion, adventure, and a whole lot of studying! I promised to keep y'all (yes I said y'all) updated on my life here at seminary and I've been really bad about doing so. Forgive me! When I'm not in class or working, I'm usually studying. It's a whole different lifestyle here. But, I think I'm finally getting used to the daily grind of it all. And, I'm loving it!

Here are some thoughts I jotted down after my first day of seminary back in August:

1. Everyone should go to DTS.
2. Hearing everyone's personal journey with Christ just radiates grace (we had to share each of our testimonies in my Hermeneutics class).
3. I am so fortunate to be here.
4. I feel overwhelmed by grace.
5. Just like the Lord washed the feet of Peter although he was resistant at first, I feel like the Lord is washing my feet and reminding me its not about knowledge at all, but about humility. I do not deserve to be here, but for some reason he chose me to be here.
6. The Lord is preparing me for something amazing and I feel incredibly blessed to be the one he uses.
7. God is teaching me to love and accept people from all walks of life.
8. God is bursting my Slavic Christian bubble and allowing me to see the world and His plan for the world as it really is.
9. I don't know anything and I have so much to learn.
10. Seminary is like summer camp (awesome community, the Word, solid teaching, and fun), but it's every day!

More to come! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment